Are you an excellent teacher?
Do you have a strong background in multiple subjects?
Can you work effectively one on one with a variety of students and help them find their own way to solve problems?
We are always seeking tutors to work as independent contractors. We need people with a combination of thorough subject knowledge and extensive pedagogical experience. If you think you would be a good fit, please contact us with a cover letter and resume.
Now accepting applications for the 2018/2019 school year
Walker Tutoring offers one-on-one tutoring services to students of all ages. We mostly focus on math, and also do some science, test prep, writing and study skills tutoring. We are currently looking for tutors with experience tutoring math and science at the high school and college level.
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to the email address below if you would like to be considered for an interview (or pass this message along to others who might be interested).
What we offer:
- A part time independent contractor position in a growing small business (3 to 15 hours per week)
- Ability to make your own schedule
- A supportive, team-focused culture
- Opportunity to make a serious difference in the lives of students
- Competitive compensation
- Steady stream of clients
- Good relationships with local school districts
- All billing and payments handled by our office
- Bachelors (or perhaps Masters) degree
- Fluency in math through AP calculus
- Fluency in high school chemistry and physics through the AP level
- A joy in the challenge of finding many ways to explain concepts
- Extensive one-on-one education experience
- A strong desire to help all students succeed
- An ability to communicate appropriately with students, parents and school systems
- Flexible schedule, particularly in afternoons/evenings (and possibly some daytimes)
- Vibrant, warm, engaging personality with knack for connecting with high school students
- Organized and detail oriented around record keeping and communication
- Commitment through school year 2018–19 (longer preferred)
- Certified teacher
- Availability during the school day
- Experience with multiple age groups or multiple subjects
- Experience working with students with special needs
- Experience working with ELL students
- Understanding of needs of homeschooled students
Email office(at)walkertutoringservices.com, or call (802) 870-6351.